When I think about how I have been able to keep up with the requirements with this course I struggle to interpret what I have done exactly. The most obvious answer that first comes to mind is that I haven’t had to struggle much at all, I genuinely have been able to enjoy this class and I look forward to my blog posts weekly.If you are able to find joy in what you are attempting it doesn’t feel so much like work at all. Although, when I was first getting into the swing of things, mainly learning how to use a blog, I struggled to find the motivation. Along with that, it is reasonably understandable that a college student will have days where homework is seemingly the last thing on their mind. The most important component for me to keep myself on track and to keep my workload reasonably organized. I use the calendar function on canvas to constantly keep track of all of the work I need to finish by the weeks end. Sometimes I even create earlier deadlines for myself in an attempt to keep all the work in my other classes from piling up.
Within this class a major worry of mine was the self tapes. Now don’t get me wrong I am a pretty open and honest person, I like to be social and am fine with some attention on me, but the idea of having these videos out for anyone within the class to see was horrifying to me. I wanted nothing more than to ignore this assignment and pretend like it didn’t exist, I mean one zero couldn’t be all that bad.. Could it? I knew that this was something I couldn’t just ignore and so I confided into my friends about my fears. They were quick to reassure me and help me figure out how to conquer my fears and use it to better myself. After finishing the assignment and finally submitting it I realized just how amazing it felt to accomplish something I didn’t think I could, and so I used that feeling to motivate me throughout others obstacles. I wanted to face these challenges head on, complete them to the best of my ability, and feel confident that in it knowing that I had overcome an adversity (however small it may be). Due to this I have felt as though I have grown and created a better attitude for myself.
If I could offer you three tips I would first advise you to know that you are not alone. People are constantly feeling the pressures and hardships that come with college and a heavy workload, if you feel as if you are struggling simply confide in someone your feelings and I assure you they either are currently feeling what you are or have been through it previously. Support is the most important thing to understand because I know that the weight of it all can sometimes be too much to handle alone. The second word of advice that I can offer you is to try at all costs possible, to keep a positive mindset. You would be surprised how much you can accomplish with a positive mindset, work feels like less of a task and people feed off of that energy. You can grow and accomplish so much by doing just that. Finally, set the bar high. I know that it may seem insane but setting goals and striving for the best will help you in the long run. It drives you to work hard and forces the competitive side of you to attempt to reach it, making you incredible tenacious.
Good Luck xo

Hey Erin!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed hearing about how much you have enjoyed the class! It is great to hear that the class has been fun for you, and therefore it has not really felt like work. It is always nice to have a class on your schedule that you look forward to weekly.
I agree with you its important to know theres others in college having a hard time dealing with the work load. This class has taught me to have better time management and scheduling which i thought that i did before. This class is easy in the sense of enjoying the assignments so thats really great!
ReplyDelete