Thursday, November 14, 2019

25A - What's Next

Existing Market:
Step 1: In terms of what’s next for my product I do believe that the most important step would be sponsorships and brand deals. Gaining as much publicity as possible will help to expand the market pool and gain revenue for my application. With that being said, the way to go about sponsorships would be to make sure they are with reps that are involved with maintaining good health and eating right. 

Step 2: After speaking to more potential customers I was able to discover that the best thing for my company would be to continue expanding. They explained to me how running and creating an application on my own would be very difficult. In order to expand my business I would need to recruit more people onto my team. If I were to do this I would be able to easily gain more momentum and have more brain power and creativity. 

Step 3: The best plan of action I can think of would be a two part plan, beginning first with the advice that I was able to gain from those that I had interviewed. The first step would be to add more people to my team. This idea makes the most sense because to first expand my team I would be able to better produce and market my application. They would be able to bring to the table ideas that I would have rather missed, and they would also be a support system that I would need if I were to create a large company. 
The next part for the future would be taking the company that I had now been able to produce and mass market it. Put this application everywhere, make it known to everyone I can, and have it do as well as it can. I would like to believe that if this were possible, I would not only be able to help myself and my team, but the lives of so many people. 

New Market:
Step 1: As of now I am marketing this product to those who are not as wealthy. This avenue would be to help those who do not have as much money to work on saving it in any way they can, while also still creating delicious meals. To change this I would be able to create an application that would have far more delicate and rare meals focused towards a higher end community. 

Step 2: I believe that it may be easy to create a venture for this market because they are always wanting more. This higher end, will have better quality and far more delectable meals. It can incorporate ingredients that are at a higher expensive and will be far more delicious. 

Step 3: For this I interviewed one of my friends that comes from an extremely wealthy family. Within this interview she explained to me that it might not be as applicable to everyone but rather a select few. Simply because she feels there are a lot of wealthy families that have personal chefs or simply eat out a lot.

Step 4: Within this new market I was able to discover that my application might not be able to work as well as it would with the target market I have right now. This was not too much of a surprise for me but I was taken a bit aback simply because I am apart of the target market right now. Not that that is a negative in anyway it just simply is a factor that comes into play. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin!
    I was interested to hear about what your new market was. I agree with your friend that many wealthy families hire a chef, eat out, or participate in meal prepping programs. However, I do believe there is a segment of this market that enjoys cooking and eating their own food. Perhaps you could make the wealthier segment more like a subscription box where they will also receive the ingredients they are supposed to cook with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its clear that you've put a lot of thought into both markets. Yes your current market would need to be expanded and recruiting more people to work with you would help a great deal. I also agree with you about your new market, it would be awesome to evolve your app by offering more cuisine type recipes for those who can afford higher quality ingredients.

    ReplyDelete