Top 10 Resources:
- My dedication for the product I am producing
- Valuable: Because without dedication or the drive to create this application it would not exist or would not meet the standards buyers are looking for.
- Rare: Because not every application is backed by someone who is driven and passionate about what they are doing, leads to a better app.
- Inimitable: No one person can recreate the drive that I have, it revolves around me and me alone.
- Non-Suitable: This is my own and is unique to me.
- My connections through greek life on campus
- Valuable: This is valuable because I have been able to create strong connections and ties with my fellow college students as well as create a strong backing in leadership.
- Rare: Rare because I am focusing on marketing mainly to college students I will already have a large following.
- Inimitable: My campuses greek life is unique to us and is also quite large, each student involved is unique to his or her self, and is also connected to me through our involvement of this organization.
- Non-Suitable: There is a much larger population on campus besides greek life that I have yet to fully gain attention from.
- My understanding of mental and physical health
- Valuable: This is valuable because it represents the truth behind the application and why people should pay attention and take better care of themselves.
- Rare: This is rare because these facts are not very well known, I would be able to share this wealth of knowledge in a way that would push the market towards my application.
- Inimitable: Although this information can be found with research, I would be able to take my own knowledge and create a market unique to me and no one else.
- Non-Suitable: This is in fact information that can be learned if the time is put into it.
- My background in computer programming
- Valuable: This is valuable because it enables me to begin the basics and the framework of truly producing this application, cutting costs and making me more involved throughout the whole process.
- Rare: This is rare because this sort of education is not found within the majority of the population, it also allows me to understand what is going on from the very beginning.
- Inimitable: My background is unique to me and also parallels my education in marketing and leadership thus allowing all of these to be intertwined and used to create something of my own.
- Non-Suitable: There are people who have a much better understanding of these concepts than me and could possibly take advantage of that or use it in manipulating my app.
- My background in marketing a product
- Valuable: This is valuable because the only way to be sure that you are able to sell your product is if you are able to properly market it. With that being said, having knowledge in this aspect of the process I will be able to make sure that this goes well.
- Rare: This is rare because I am able to understand almost all aspects of creating, marketing, and selling my product to my customers, thus allowing me to know what's best.
- Inimitable: This is my own knowledge and is unique to me and my product marketing.
- Non-Suitable: There are others who have a more vast understanding of marketing and the pool I am interested in.
- My background in business and leadership
- Valuable: This is valuable and allows me to be very involved in the creation of my app. It also helps to earn respect from others when I would most likely be in charge.
- Rare: This is rare because it allows me to already have knowledge and prepare myself for what is to come.
- Inimitable: This is unique to me and my own business.
- Non-Suitable: There may be people who are far more advanced and able to do this.
- My time management skills
- Valuable: It allows me to be on time, earn respect from others, and to be positive that everything is running as it should.
- Rare: Not everyone has this skill and it allows me another way to be set apart from others.
- Inimitable: You are able to get better at this if you try to do so.
- Non-Suitable: This is unique and can be learned but is inherent to me already.
- My financial stability
- Valuable: This is valuable because in order to start a business an investment must first be made.
- Rare: Not everyone is in a position where they are able to start their own company.
- Inimitable: One could easily attain the money through loans or other possible forms.
- Non-Suitable: There are such things as loans and possibly family that would be willing to put up the money if one did not have it.
- The fact that I am apart of the possible pool to which I intend to market my product
- Valuable: This is valuable because it gives me a keen eye as to what the market is feeling, when it would be best to do so, and much more.
- Rare: This is rare because most products are marketed to a different consumer base, but for me I am much closer.
- Inimitable: Someone may also be within the target market and also have the idea.
- Non-Suitable: I would be able to incorporate some of the people that I know and also gain an understanding for how they feel, adding them into my venture.
- The ease that my app creates
- Valuable: This is valuable because a customer does not want an application that is difficult to use. It allows for more people to look into it, and have a better word of mouth.
- Rare: This is rare because it is often difficult to accomplish these sort of tasks or even know where to begin so my app gets rid of all of that stress.
- Inimitable: apps can be easy to use, but the type of resources that mine would use along with the actual use of my app is different from others.
- Non-Suitable: others apps can be used for certain businesses but mine is unique to this sort of problem.
My Top Resource:
I believe that my top resource would have to be my dedication towards the product that I would be producing. To be so passionate as to want to create something not only to better myself but the lives of those around me makes my goal that much more achievable. Along with that I make sure that this is something that so many people would want including myself, I would never allow a product to be anything less than perfect for myself and my customers.
Hey Erin!
ReplyDeleteI agree that dedication towards a product is a huge driving force of success. I also think that it is very valuable that you are in the target market of consumers for your product. This allows you to really evaluate the product and understand what type of thing your market would like to see the product have.
I think you have identified some great resources here to help you with your goal. The marketing, Greek, and dedication resources stand out to me as I believe all three would be used heavenly in helping to get this off the ground.
ReplyDelete